Blogger^2

I'm so excited to announce that I have been offered a position to blog for the ISA Student Blog site! Now I will be maintaining this blog and coming up with posts for ISA. I cannot believe how fortunate I am to have received this opportunity. I can't wait to be in Spain, so I can begin writing!

It's funny, because I'm already getting nostalgic about my time abroad, and I haven't even left yet (let alone pack). I'm thinking about years down the line when I'll get to look back at the pictures I took and share my experiences with my friends and family. It's because I just spent the afternoon with my grandparents. My grandfather has begun hospice, and only has a few weeks left with us. It's been really difficult on my whole family.


Today, me and my sister visited. We only planned on stopping by for 30 minutes, but ended up spending the whole afternoon there and even had supper. My grandmother told us old stories about her and my grandfathers (Grampy's) travels. She was telling us about all the cruises they took and all of the amazing memories they made. Eventually we pulled out some old photo albums, and got to see pictures of my grandparents when they were young. It was the most amazing thing.

Although, I'm so incredibly sad that my Grampy doesn't have that much time left with us, I'm so grateful for the time I had with him. I'm so lucky to have had two incredible grandparents as long as I did. I'm also so thankful that me and my sister went to listen to my Grammy's stories, as I know she appreciated it, and because it was so wonderful to hear. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going from lost to a local

Today's Grace

The Good of COVID-19