Little Things


Image result for colleen ritzer CRIn 2013 a tragedy happened in my hometown. Beloved teacher, Colleen Ritzer, was murdered at Danvers High School. Our community was devastated. But, in the midst of sorrow we joined together. We adopted two quotes commonly used by Ms. Ritzer: "everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday" and "be good to people, being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind." These two quotes have stuck with me every since. 
Image result for colleen ritzer CR        Everyday I am reminded of these quotes. They emphasize the importance of being kind to each other and finding positivity. Often, I wonder how I can honor Ms. Ritzer's memory through these quotes. The best way I can think of is to combine them together: be kind to people by reminding them of the good in everyday.
        Reminding people that there is good in everyday can seem like an unwieldy task, but there are small ways to remind people of the good. I share positivity through notes. I constantly leave little notes for my roommate and friends to remind them that they are loved. Sometimes I write quotes of inspiration for the b
athroom mirrors to lift the spirits of girls in my dorm. My latest project is for upcoming finals.
       Finals can be a stressful time for college students. So to motivate students I wrote out a
bunch of uplif
ting quotes to help get them through the week. I am going to place a basket of notes and treats in the common room of my dorm for
anyone to take. Hopefully I can help lift some people's spirits.
        Acts of kindness can be big or small. No matter what you do spreading a little bit of positivity can go a long way. I encourage you to do an act of kindness whether it be holding the door for someone, paying for someone's drink at a coffee shop or giving a stranger a compliment. Whatever you do I am sure you will make someone's day and you'll feel pretty good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going from lost to a local

Today's Grace

The Good of COVID-19